The Sunday Schedule at LPC
|9:45 a.m.||Church School for Adults|
|11:00 a.m.||Worship & Children's Church – nursery provided|
|5:00 p.m.||Joyful Singers & Ringers and Youth Handbells [fall-spring only]|
|5:45 p.m.||Youth Groups [fall-spring only]|
Adults Meet Sundays 9:45-10:30 a.m.
Men's Bible Class
Study Present Word series; Meets in the Library
3 M's Class (Mr. Mrs. Ms.)
Study Present Word series; Meets in a classroom off of Fellowship Hall
Fun Adult Class
September–May, with different topics and teachers each month. Meets in a classroom off of Fellowship Hall.
Children Meet Sundays 11:20 a.m-12:00 p.m.
Nursery Class Meets During Worship
In the Crib Nursery for Infants and Toddlers. Darlene Swing, Caregiver.
Children's Church School
Children's Church School for age 4 through grade 5 is held during Sunday morning worship in room 207. Volunteer teachers meet the children at the back of the church after the Children's Message; parents should come upstairs to collect their kids at the end of worship.
Middle School Youth (grades 6-8) and High School Youth (grades 9-12) meet Sunday evenings at 5:45 p.m. from the middle of September through early May. Junior Youth (grades 1-5) meets the third Sunday of the month, September through April.
To find out about other activities we have to offer for Families and Children view our Children and Family Ministry Page.
Annual Worship/Special Programs Schedule
- Advent Season (the four Sundays before Christmas)
- Christmas Eve candlelight & communion services 5:30 p.m. & 11 p.m.
- Baptism of the Lord Sunday (early in January, we reaffirm our baptismal vows on this day)
- Ash Wednesday service
- Souper Bowl Sunday (collection of food for the local food back held on Super Bowl Sunday)
- Scout Sunday (usually in February)
- Kirkin' o' the Tartan Service — celebrating Scottish heritage (usually in March or April in conjunction with Scottish Heritage Weekend at St. Andrews University)
- Maundy Thursday Service (the Thursday before Easter)
- Easter Sunday
- Pentecost Sunday (about seven weeks after Easter Sunday)
- Trinity Sunday (the Sunday after Pentecost Sunday)
- Montreat Sunday (in August, the youth that attend the Montreat Youth Conference in July lead the worship service)
- World Communion Sunday (first Sunday in October)
- St. Andrews Sunday (first Sunday in November, SAU faculty, staff & students lead the congregation in worship)
- Christ the King Sunday (the Sunday before Advent Season begins, usually at the end of November)
- Healing & Wholeness services (held in the chapel twice a year, at Christmas & at Easter)